Monday, September 26, 2005

eyeCandy: Cinderella Man (2005) 5/5

Wow, I just watched Cinderella Man (2005) with Russell Crowe and loved it. Director Ron Howard has dished out another poignant tale with this story of a depression-era boxer who miraculously got a second chance and became an inspiration for the downtrodden of the time. I really can't find fault with this movie - the flow was bang on, the story was riveting, the fights were great, and, being based on a true story, there wasn't too much Hollywood over-dramatization nonsense (a big plus and why I'm getting to prefer documentaries over many movies these days). On a more personal note, this was filmed mostly in Toronto and the landlord of a friend of mine was the onset carpenter/builder. Unfortunately, that didn't get me any closer to a peek at the action OR Renee Zellweger (although that girl needs to eat a little more - she looks way better with a few more pounds on her) ;-) . Check it out!
Submit to:    submit eyeCandy: Cinderella Man (2005) 5/5 to digg.comDigg  |   book mark eyeCandy: Cinderella Man (2005) 5/5 in del.icio.usDel.icio.us  |   submit eyeCandy: Cinderella Man (2005) 5/5 to slashdot.comSlashdot

9/26/2005 10:24:00 a.m.  

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus it was filmed at Maple Leaf Gardens which in itself cool enough.

October 09, 2005 8:20 a.m.  
Blogger Jeff MacArthur said...

Didn't know that - very cool!

(Man, I'm just racing through the comments tonight - been so long since I haven't had to work in the evening! Embarassingly enough, I'm watching Survivor while I"m typing this, so it's not like I need a lot of my brain for that :-) ).

October 13, 2005 8:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home